• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painting an Air Force Deuce

penokeevet

I'd go with Air Force blue. Years back, I was in an Army Engineering Aviation Battalion, stationed on Air Force bases and our vehicles were standard OD and Air Force vehicles Blue - a nice contrast in my opinion. Hoping to pickup a blue AirForce vehicle in the future and will park it next to my camo or OD Army vehicles. penokeevet

Some pictures of where you are now might better help us guide you on which way to go.

nopics

For now I say paint it flat dark grey. It is the ultimate camouflage for foggy conditions, doesn't show dirt much, and looks cooler than penguins feet. :grd:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a little note here....

MANY vehicles loaded on ships for deployment in the first Gulf War departed the States and Europe in woodland camo. Sailing with them on those ships were BARRELS and BARRELS of TAN PAINT. By some miracle of "sea duty" those trucks, trailers, tracks, and support vehicles were off-loaded in a color befitting their new environment. They WERE NOT prepped and spray booth painted, but brushed, rolled, slopped, mopped or given their new color and markings by whatever means was QUICKEST. Pretty and "showroom" was NOT a priority.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a little note here....

MANY vehicles loaded on ships for deployment in the first Gulf War departed the States and Europe in woodland camo. Sailing with them on those ships were BARRELS and BARRELS of TAN PAINT. By some miracle of "sea duty" those trucks, trailers, tracks, and support vehicles were off-loaded in a color befitting their new environment. They WERE NOT prepped and spray booth painted, but brushed, rolled, slopped, mopped or given their new color and markings by whatever means was QUICKEST. Pretty and "showroom" was NOT a priority.
Yes. I have one of those trucks. An M925 that is mostly tan but big sheets of the tan fly off when you drive it real fast. What a mess. It is going into the sand blast booth in September for a cleanup and return to original pretty green.

As for your deuce, how about a paint job like this? My daughter and I just painted her last weekend.

DSCN7297-M.jpg

DSCN7301-L.jpg

Amer-team

Great paint job and look at the way they put a receiver hitch on that truck. Any possibilities of some closeup shots of your mounting for that hitch?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks