• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painting canvas doors and covers?

John6275

New Humvee owner. In fact, waiting on my EUC to come in on 2 man troop carrier.
I am looking at a green 4 man conversion, at a pretty good price, but I need camo.
Can the green be successfully painted or is it a waist of time?

ryanruck

I'd imagine it depends on the type of paint you're going to use. Pretty sure the camo soft top/doors are just green and have been painted.

I painted my camo soft doors which were in poor shape green to refurb them. Also painted a new white soft top (it was only $200) green to match. Both were painted with Behr Marquee latex in Green 383. It was painted over a year ago and has held up fine. It's latex so flexes well with the material.

IMG_2001.JPG IMG_1997.JPG

John6275

Good to know. WHere did you get the paint and how do identify the colors? Im thinking its a black and a brown but but wnat it to match as close to the three color on the truck.

ryanruck

Got the paint from Home Depot.

Home Depot can color match FSC color codes in their system. Flat Black is just flat black. Brown is Brown 383. There are FSC color codes for each you just give them and their system blends it. I don't have the color codes off hand but I know they're posted here on SS if you search for them.

ETA: Thinned the latex with Floetrol (also sold at Home Depot) and sprayed on with a cheap Harbor Freight HVLP gun.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks