• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painting cargo cover?

ohsmily

Using Rapco or similar spray paint, can the troop/cargo cover be effectively painted? I bought an extra cargo cover at a good price. But it is desert tan and not the standard camo pattern I have on my other cover. Can it be painted to match after proper prep/cleaning or will it fail quickly and flake, peel, etc?

Thank you!

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Using Rapco or similar spray paint, can the troop/cargo cover be effectively painted? I bought an extra cargo cover at a good price. But it is desert tan and not the standard camo pattern I have on my other cover. Can it be painted to match after proper prep/cleaning or will it fail quickly and flake, peel, etc?

Thank you!
Yes, it will work and not peel. I painted mine with Rapco and Aervoe paint about 4 years ago and it has never flaked.

20200927_174016.jpg

Csm Davis

Thank you!
Is it new? If so I might trade you.

ohsmily

Is it new? If so I might trade you.
The seller I recently purchased it from represented that it is new. however , it has some storage dirt that probably needs to be scrubbed or pressure washed off. It has all the rubber tubing and nylon straps.

PM me if you want.

Where are you located? I'm in the Sacramento area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks