• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painting finally done!YooHooo

ctmustang

Finally after 2 weeks on nonstop sanding by hand it's finally done. It was fire engine red when I picked it up from the sale. First thing was to remove all the fire dept. stickers which was no fun at all. Then a lot of sanding. The one good thing is there is absolutely no rust in this truck at all which really helped on the amount of work it took to get it ready to paint. I gave it 3 coats of 383 green today and got it reassembled. My wife informed me after it was done how good it looked and then asked me when I was going to sell it. We have this agreement of only one mv at the time for now. Well I put in a lowball bid on the ft. jackson deuces a couple weeks ago and what happened-I won another deuce. I really hate to have to sell it- it has only 46,000 original miles and spent its life in southern SC. The truck is all original-no rips in the interior-charging system functions as it should-heck even the blackout lights work! What would be a good asking price for this truck?
CT

Attachments

jbingvtx

It came out great ct. It would be a shame to sell that one....maybe it should be a gift to your wife. Be sure to tell her that she IS allowed to have more than one MV and you are thinking about getting her more.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have your wife drive it a few times, she'll change her mind.

mtjbrown

Finally after 2 weeks on nonstop sanding by hand it's finally done. It was fire engine red when I picked it up from the sale. First thing was to remove all the fire dept. stickers which was no fun at all. Then a lot of sanding. The one good thing is there is absolutely no rust in this truck at all which really helped on the amount of work it took to get it ready to paint. I gave it 3 coats of 383 green today and got it reassembled. My wife informed me after it was done how good it looked and then asked me when I was going to sell it. We have this agreement of only one mv at the time for now. Well I put in a lowball bid on the ft. jackson deuces a couple weeks ago and what happened-I won another deuce. I really hate to have to sell it- it has only 46,000 original miles and spent its life in southern SC. The truck is all original-no rips in the interior-charging system functions as it should-heck even the blackout lights work! What would be a good asking price for this truck?
CT
Looks really good, CT!! I think you should probably sell that to me for around 1K$ :mrgreen:

Bettendorf

Have you ever wanted to see Colorado? You can bring your paint sprayer and sander up here and I have a spare bed and bath for you. And I'll give you a couple hundred.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks