• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painting m998

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not just go with one black wheel, one green wheel, and 2 brown wheels ? or 2 black wheels, one brown wheel and one green wheel, ? or 2 green wheels, one black wheel and one brown wheel... Or :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Looks good (y)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never seen brown rims but it doesn't look bad at all. I think more my own taste would be green but that's just me
Back when 4 color MERDC was the camo scheme, you would regularly see rims painted in brown. I had an M151A2 that had two brown rims and two green rims...it appeared as though the rims were painted in the color that dominated that area of the truck. I don't recall seeing any in solid black. Even when the 3 color camo scheme came into being, I was told by a NG soldier (I used to pay him to stencil all of my trucks as he had the stencil templates for everything) that the rims were originally supposed to be painted green. But, that required a lot of prep so they often shot the rims black (no need to tape anything off).

I believe David Doyle has written about this. I know there is a section on painting and camo schemes in the back of his book, STANDARD CATALOG OF U.S. MILITARY VEHICLES.

Glider

Nooo! I thought about painting wheels different colors matching vehicle. I actually started with the rear driver green and driver front brown. We need a painting tips/tricks with all that in one spot. I googled the forums and auction sites to try and see all sides in factory camo but never saw brown or multicolor wheel combinations.

Action

Nooo! I thought about painting wheels different colors matching vehicle. I actually started with the rear driver green and driver front brown. We need a painting tips/tricks with all that in one spot. I googled the forums and auction sites to try and see all sides in factory camo but never saw brown or multicolor wheel combinations.
Then you may end up taking wheels apart every time you rotated tires !

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think you will see any of those colors (brown or multi-color) on CURRENT trucks, unless they happen to put a tan (or black) painted rim on a truck (from another truck). The military tends to paint all the rims on one truck the same color these days. Mostly, I see black, especially on HMMWVs. With that said, the rims would have come green (or tan) originally. I think your paint job looks great. Great job!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks