• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painting my Deuce!!

progun

Over the next two weekends I will be painting "Molly Stoker". I am going with a polyurethane 34088. This weekend I will be disassembling and heavy pressure washing her. With good weather I will paint next weekend!! I'll post pics as I go.

spartan_185

Don't forget to degrease the whole truck before pressure washing. When I painted mine I used a pump up garden sprayer filled with industrial de greaser. The paint stuck to all surfaces like a champ afterward.

progun

Thats my plan. I got some heavy degreaser and I bought an air engine wash sprayer then I'll hit it with 3000 PSI of water!

bullfrog1234

is the truck CARC old type paint or is it the smooth water type CARC? The old stuff has to come off, the newer water type i just pressure washed, primed, and painted. No issues and it has been over 2 1/2 years and going.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just finished my M43 interior with mil-spec sea foam green. You will have a blast painting. It's the prep thats a pain in the rear.

Post some Pic's and good luck

progun

I don't know if it's old or new type. I assume it was painted in '07. I have done some test sprays and all seems to work. Pressure wash day today!!

Bill W

If you can find it "Spray 9" is a fantastic degreaser ( some auto parts stores ) or driveway cleaner from one of the box stores works pretty good also ( usually found over where they keep the pressure washers ).

Prankster

Looking Good!!!

I got mine from a local fire department, and it has also been painted yellow.
I plan to do a jab, and dab camo effect with a round paint brush. Ace Hardware has all the camo paint; but only in gallons.

Extra info:
When I use a polyurethane overcoat, it hardens up the paint as if it was made of rock. Just remember, Oil Base Polyurethane will yellow, and Water Base will not.

Your Deuce is already yellow.

Ive been prepping my truck for 2 weeks before I started painting,

GHILL55

Painting the duece

I just finished painting my M35A3, top to bottom - inside and out, with John Deere satin black enamel after I installed the new hard top. Turned out awesome! Even painted the cargo cover.
I'm now working on my M127 trailer with M109a dolly - I"m pulling the old bed, sand blasting the frame (paint to match "Black Beauty") and building a 28' modified sheep herder wagon on her.
AH ---- and then to build the cab over camper/shop on the Duece to match to match the trailer. should have it all finished in the next 6 wks.

Any body have any ideas on the best way to tear the door apart? my drivers window is completely FUBAR'D, the crank will not move and the window appears to be lose form the crank. Had to pull it up by hand last night.

PS -- if you want pics I can email them, I'm a ludite and don't know how to resize my HD pics to low res --- sorry - hate computers!!!