• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painting My Goat USMC

Gamagoat1

If the tailgate has a step the pintal and bumpers were removed to allow the tailgate to hang straight up and down. This positions the step in a horiz. position. Most people replace the hook then put a huge dent in the tailgate when they let it fall.

Joe Gamma

You guys have been major support during my restoration project really. I had a hick-up where I needed a rear differential but that is fixed...here is my goat basking in the sunlight waiting patiantly for it to be installed...

(see attachment)

It came to me bright red with an artic cab!

Joe Gamma

Attachments

FrankUSMC

Zspoiler
I was with 2/4 ( Magnificent Bastards) on Okinawa in 1981. I saw a gamma goat flip over on a dike while we were in Korea for Team Spirit. The gamma goat was on the side of the dike driving along, then it stopped, then very slowing flipped over. As the gamma goat flipped down the hill, the Marine driver flew out of the cab, landed on his feet, and ran to the top of the dike. He got to the top of the dike, before the gamma goat got to the bottom!
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

Joe Gamma

What a great image of the Goat and better yet another cool color scheme. I seem to remember them on Oki in 81-83 as camo'd but since I had no licence never drove one. Imagine the treat instore when I drove one I had bought 30 years later..Once you get used to them they are really pretty unique to drive..Joe

Zspoiler

Here are some more pictures of my Gamma Goat at the Naval Base in Subic Bay ,The Phillipines. And one shooting at the well deck of the USN LPD Anchorage. I hope this help you guys ,since these are pictures of when it was in the fleet. good luck on your build.And yes they fun to drive, I even got a chance to swim it several times ,including across a river,Those are what we called back then "Amtracs" leaving the well deck. I have also leave the well deck of the LST 1186 Caiyuga and go completely go under water then pop up.

Attachments

Last edited:

BigWill1985

Heh, ironically I just came back from Subic Bay! I was there for ~7 weeks back around April and May. Spent many nights drinking there!

~Will Courtier~

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks