• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painting soft tops (aka giving the girl some makeup)

So I am awaiting my m998. It's 95% green with camo soft doors and a 2 man soft top. The body paint will be easy from what I've seen on the paint threads. I've gone through those paint threads (all 46 pages) and did not see any HMMWV soft top or canvas door painting details.

What have people done for getting the colors right without the purchase of new doors and soft cover?

Mike82ndABN

I painted the body and the plastic soft tops. All I did for prep is pressure wash. Then krylon camo rattle can. The doors took a couple coats. The roof seemed to absorb a lot more. There are no problems with flaking when you flex the material. This was just a few weeks ago so I can't give you any info on long term durability.

dilligaf13

Behr also works well on the soft tops. They're surprisingly porous and absorb the paint well, hence the multiple coats of rattle can that are required.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks