• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

painting

swyne

Pretty soon I'll be getting ready to paint my M1028. I bought it with a MACCO or I should say a $199.99 dollar paint job. (20/20). Anyway I bought 4qts of the
Sherwin Williams Aliphatic Polyurethane Single Component CARC. F93G104
NSN# 8010-01-229-7546. My question is What do I use to reduce this with?
I have a Binks model 62 for a spray gun .Are there any tricks and tips.
I'm pretty much confident I can pull this off, but any info would be appreciated.
One thing I do have to get is something to seperate the water from the compressor. I noticed lately shes spitting. Especially when using the air tools. Also whats a good way to prep the old paint job? Thanks

rivired

as far as the water separator..

i went and bought the husky one at home depot..its OKAY...i still get some water drops out of my HVLP spray gun. but it does the job for the most part..if i had the money to spend on a large better one tho i would go that route.

please keep us posted on ur progress with pics if u could..i eneded up going with a semi gloss industrial enamel cuz i primed my truck with restuolem and everybody told me the carc would eat it off..

so im interested to see how yours comes out..

Good luck!

Nonotagain

As for water in your air supply, try cracking the valve in the botton of your air tank slighty open so that you can just feel the air coming out.

Grainger sells filter regulators. Just mount the unit as low as possible the raise the air line height you are spraying with as this should stop 99% of the system moisture.

Sherwin Williams sells Mil-T-81772 type 2 polyurethane thinner which is supposed to be water free.

Hope this helps.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In addition to the filter on the compressor, you can also install a smaller filter at the base of the gun handle. Drain your compressor tank of water before spraying.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks