• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Papabear said "I'm getting worried about you"

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
At Zout's yesterday. But that's just the kettle calling the pot black.

Picked up a bobber today. The drive from Macon to Atlanta was pretty uneventful. Started heading up the hills at Fulton industrial and Thornton rd on I-20 and she started slipping the clutch. I babied it the rest of the way home. It got baaaad the last 10 miles. But I made it home. I noticed the fording plug in the transmission when I picked it up but I didn't think to pull it. Wish I would have now. :oops: I pulled the plug at home and drained a half to one quart of engine oil. Drove it around the block just now, it seems like it's getting a little better. I'm considering making up a pipe with a tee and valve in the bottom to allow me fill up the housing with a couple quarts of solvent so I can drain it back up as well. Got a copper crush washer leaking on the rear passenger wheel cyl. And I've gotta figure out the lighting issue. I rigged up a flasher system for it to get it home. Also the rear axle needs to be moved back 4" or so to center it in the wheel well.

Anyhow, I'm working on the CAMO NORTH location. :mrgreen: Good thing I can sleep in these trucks, I think I'm at the limit of vehicles here. :shock:

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Spary a couple of can of brake clean into the bell housing thought the inspection opening that the inspection opening cover plate covers

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Good idea Ron. I'll go do that now. BTW, I added that thing we talked about yesterday. :beer:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm going to address it's looks once the mechanicals are fixed. I'm thinking 395's for this one as well. Might do something with the paint as well. Or at least add some stars on the doors or something.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yup got a good deal on it due to it's looks and issues. Nothing that I can't fix/change though. Engine runs great though!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck sits like a blazer with the front higher than the rear. Never seen that before. Whats up with that..?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Previous owner made some blocks. There's a 1" spacer/leaf in there as well. Probably going to take that out, or add in a set on front. I'd rather it sit like that than the other way around most bobbers sit.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would just have a shop make a set of springs for it. Also, it would be easier (on the eyes) if you drove out from under that trailer bed and added a cut down deuce bed. That would take care of that centered in the wheel well problem.