• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Papabear said "I'm getting worried about you"

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I would just have a shop make a set of springs for it. Also, it would be easier (on the eyes) if you drove out from under that trailer bed and added a cut down deuce bed. That would take care of that centered in the wheel well problem.
Why springs? These are fine. 6 bolt holes (reusing some existing ones) and the axle will be centered of the wheel well again. No need to spend more money when time is all it costs to fix. I agree that a cut down deuce bed looks better, but again, I have no deuce bed. Plus this 105 has the sides, bows, and cover.

dirtyfingernails said:
I was headed south from atlanta (I75/475) and think I saw you headed north--today (Sunday) right?
Yup that was me.

walkerhunter said:
I like it just needs the hubs flipped!
On the to do list. As well as 395's, and recentered HEMTTs or PLS wheels.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why springs? These are fine. 6 bolt holes (reusing some existing ones) and the axle will be centered of the wheel well again. No need to spend more money when time is all it costs to fix. I agree that a cut down deuce bed looks better, but again, I have no deuce bed. Plus this 105 has the sides, bows, and cover.

Yup that was me.

On the to do list. As well as 395's, and recentered HEMTTs or PLS wheels.
Springs would make it ride correctly without blocks. M105 beds look (censored).

Just my totally unsolicited, unrequested and probably unwanted opinion that is most likely completely true. Unless it isn't.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I happen to have two more wheels and tires...

Once the driveshaft is lengthend and the axle is set back, I'll throw them on. Or I might before. I can't stand seeing the drums on the rear axle.

A locker would be nice for the rear as well.

I wish there was something taller I could run in duals for a little easier cruising speed.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Springs would make it ride correctly without blocks. M105 beds look (censored).

Just my totally unsolicited, unrequested and probably unwanted opinion that is most likely completely true. Unless it isn't.
It drove 150 miles today and the rear suspension wasn't a problem at all. The blocks aren't that bad either. Guy thought it through. I'll snag a pic of them. The U bolts are captured in the bottom of the block as well as the top, then by the plate at the springs. There's NO way these could be spit out. I even drove it around this afternoon (to test the clutch) on the fire service road behind my house. Flexed around there no problem.

Course then again, I kinda expected to get all sorts of flak about a bobbed deuce. But then again, I don't care. fat lady sings

3dAngus

I like the wheel well look the M105 gives better than the straight line of the deuce bed on a bobbed truck. I understand opinions vary, but this is the way I want to do it. I see you already have parts on order Patracy. Good luck and be sure to take pictures and share along the way.
This is one I gotta see.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Dell, Heck I will even donate the 105 box in 100% pristine condition for the mod if you want to do it. It would be an honor, I will even throw in the LED taillights as well.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It drove 150 miles today and the rear suspension wasn't a problem at all. The blocks aren't that bad either. Guy thought it through. I'll snag a pic of them. The U bolts are captured in the bottom of the block as well as the top, then by the plate at the springs. There's NO way these could be spit out. I even drove it around this afternoon (to test the clutch) on the fire service road behind my house. Flexed around there no problem.

Course then again, I kinda expected to get all sorts of flak about a bobbed deuce. But then again, I don't care. fat lady sings
Glad I'm living up to your high expectations.

:)

Enjoy the bobber. Look forward to updates.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I agree with Dell, Heck I will even donate the 105 box in 100% pristine condition for the mod if you want to do it. It would be an honor, I will even throw in the LED taillights as well.
Despite the bad paint job, the 105 box on the back is an 02 model and in good shape.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I glanced at the front, I should be able to make some "leafs" for the front since the U bolts are long enough. That'll help level it out and add a little more clearance for larger tires as well.

m816

Looks like Bobbers are finally getting accepted on this forum. Not one derogertory remark. Even I am helping build one in the shop now. I never thought I'd see the day.[thumbzup]

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Looks like Bobbers are finally getting accepted on this forum. Not one derogertory remark. Even I am helping build one in the shop now. I never thought I'd see the day.[thumbzup]
I am a MOD so I can NOT say my bobber thoughts and how thay are a very small step above a cucv. :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks