• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parade Ready

2027Deuce

Had the deuce and a half in the annual Ag Days parade here yesterday. Finished the truck the day before, just in time.

My two boys and I put the truck on jack stands and took all the tires off, oldest son sanded them. Changed oil and filters and topped off all the 90 wt. oils. We only had 2 1/2 weeks to get her done and I was working on a Memorial for a POW/MIA (will make a new post on that soon) so we were busy.

The paint is 33446 Tan CARC Type 1 from Sherwin Williams in Sioux Falls, SD the green is Marine Corps lusterless 34052 from Rapco and the wood was matched with Behr enamel from Home Depot.

Got the stencils from Rick Larson and was very satisfied. The tailgate chain covers, jerry can strap and winch cover came from Beachwood and are of top quality. I was able to put the chain covers on by baiting the hook and just working the covers up, (you need and hour and a half to accomplish this) .

I used Rust Bullet (Thanks Armymanplus30 for recommending) on the cab top and was pleased with the results.

The combined American Legion, VFW center here in Laurel rode in the back. The guys just held the flag standards and nobody walked and nobody wanted too. The youngest guy in back is my son Austin (you can't see him in these pics but he's in there), he was in charge of tossing candy. I also invited Charlie (the guy in the red shirt) to ride along. He just enlisted in the USMC infantry 0311 !! and goes to boot 7/7/08

Wife was taking pics and pretty much ran the entire parade route backwards. Notice truck number in pic 2. Some guys here on this site have asked what the 2027 is for, well it was my plt. number in boot camp. I always liked the number, there's nothing more to it than that. We were the first entry in the parade and it was a really fun time. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Attachments

Last edited:

Boatcarpenter

Shame on you for using child labor to fix up an old military vehicle :wink: Looks nice and nice to see the Vets in it. I'll bet the kids working on it makes them appreciate it more also.
BC