• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parade winners?

painkiller

Nice truck ya got there, congrats on winning, ive ran mine in a bunch never really won anything not that i am expecting to what parade was this for?

Wick246

Yeah congrats - looks great. I went to our local parade last Saturday to take pictures of my dad playing Santa on a horse drawn carriage, he did a good job and the kids seemed to love him. They had a couple of fire trucks, the carriages and a few pick-ups towing float trailers. I couldn't stop thinking how much they needed a deuce.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deuces are born parade vehicles! They beg to be played with in low range and the piercing horn tapped just once or twice. Congrats Bajapower, wished I were there!

baja_power

Thanks for the praise guys. It was a Christmas parade for the town. I didnt even know they had prizes or i would have dressed it up and blacked the tires! Yes thats my truck and I still go to NU ( North Union).

bomar76

BajaPower is being modest (for once :) )...his truck beat out a LOT of floats and entries for the prize.
It is true, we didn't give the deuce a bath or black the tires for the occasion.....hadn't even really planned on going till the last minute. I wore a Santa hat.
I drove, and he tossed candy and waved to his adoring fans.....he is quite the celebrety in our area.
We didn't know squat about winning anything untill the kids at school told him the deuce was in the local paper.....we were busy and hadn't read the local scandal sheet.

67Beast

I was just in a few Christmas parades also, but there where no prizes awarded.

I love the looks you get when rolling thru with a bunch of old military iron. Lots of waves and salutes.

bomar76

BajaPower and I took the deuce to a car show this summer ( I called first and asked if MV's were welcome and they said "sure").
One of the prize classes was "Trucks"......when the judging began we thought we had a pretty good shot at a trophy as the ONLY other truck was a just off the lot brand spankin' new 2005 Ford F150 ... no mods, no customization, just as it sat on the dealers lot.
The Ford won the truck category award rofl

baja_power

whoa.. got the mail today, and in there was a letter from the " Richwood area business association" it included the Original photo of the truck in the parade and a $25 gift certificate for any area RABA member.... :eek: They must really love that truck
:D

Low-Tech-Redneck

No parades yet, but we did enter it in a car show this summer, won 2nd place in the MV division, but win lose or draw, it was a REAL crowd pleaser

The kids loved it, the vets loved it, everyone loved it

We had a lot of folks lined up on the curb giving us the "keep it rolling" sign as we pulled out to leave :D

We even made it into the "Event Scrapbook", with a pic of our truck being posted online at the car show website advertizing for next year, how cool is that?

http://www.ccysb.com/coolcruise/images/2005/cc2005DSC01647.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks