• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Park brake spring

jblack6527

I have a very annoying rattle on my deuce, that I've tracked down to a broken spring on the parking brake. It runs between the outside and inside shoes, shaped kind of like a mustache. Is there a place I can purchase one? Or an easy way to make a replacement?

bz28

I got one from Saturn Surplus. I just called them and asked for the mustache spring, and they knew what I was talking about.

jblack6527

111 39 PAOZZ 5340-00-321-6375 7064466 19207 SPRING:STABILIZER, BRAKESHOE EA 1

Finally managed to find this in the 20p; it's on page 236 for future reference.

jblack6527

so that's what that clanging rattle is.
That's what mine was, it was driving me crazy, I could only hear it at speed, I wasn't sure if it was something in the trans or what. If you get under the truck and jiggle the inner brake shoe it will make the same sound..

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
it's even more annoying since it is probably harmless. I was thiunking - -what spring..? then i realized it's missing.

JTugwell

thats funny mine just started making a noise too. i thought the transmission was going out because it would only do it in 5th gear. when it started doing it the other day i pushed in the clutch, and put the transmission in neutral....still got the noise. now i have no clue. its kind of a banging noise. it seems to go away under 40 mph, and is intermittant above 40 mph. i just checked my spring and it is still there. but if im under the truck with the parking brake off and twist the driveshaft back and fourth it kinda makes the same noise just quieter. this seemed to happen right after i changed my front axle seals, and boots. thats a pretty straight forward job though. i dont think i messed anything up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks