• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Park Brakes Rubbing

gcbennet

I'm having an issue with my park brake pads making contact with the rotors, even with the handle and rod adjusted to full extension. According to the TM the older, single rotor types could be adjusted with an adjustment nut to a preferred .020 clearance, but it also states that the newer dual rotor type is 'self adjusting' and does not require adjustment. I can spin the wheels by hand, but there is an audible grinding noise of the pads dragging on the rotors and the resistance is such that it prevents the wheels from spinning freely once released. I've heard before that this is a common problem with this newer system, but i'm hoping there's a simple solution available before i wind-up having to deal with a warped rotor or something...

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check your guide pins, remove them and lube them, also check the pads and make sure the channel and the brake adapters are lubed too....I have heard that those calipers are prone to sticking. See if you can isolate if its one or two of them. Also possible warped rotor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks