• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking Brake Adjustment

tklm539

I have adjusted the parking brake to the top of the lever. In theis position, it engages the brake and holds on a hill. My question is if it needs further adjustment later, is there another place to take up the slack so that the adjustment on the handle can be brought back down to provide further adjustment.

Thanks

Tom

CGarbee

There is an adjusting nut on the end of the cable where it attaches to the shoes at the t-case end. You run out the adjustment at the handle, take up the slack on the t-case end, and you will be good to go for a long time (or until you wear off enough friction material that you have to reline the shoes...).
Good luck.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or try and drive with the parking brake on while towing an M109.... Ferro- 'dad, what's that smell?' Herc 'opps, parking brake on. No wonder we could barely hit 35mph....'

It would barely hold it before, now not at all. Glad to know that there is a place to take up more slack.

FSBruva

Also, when adjusting the nuts on the threaded end of the cable (down by the t-case), put on a nylon lock nut, or a second nut to cinch it down. My most frequent problem with the parking brake was that nut working its way loose - then I would not be able to get it to hold, no matter how much I adjusted the handle end. Check the TM and take a pair of calipers under the truck with you. There's a very step by step procedure for adjusting it. Follow that, use the locknut, and if your pads are pretty good, and you don't drive on it, it should last you a while.

Matt

acetomatoco

Now that you have burned the linings on the two shoes, you will experience rapid wear and frequent adjustments to keep the thing working.. Might as well replace the two shoes now to save a lot of problems in the future.. ACE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks