• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking brake adjustment

mudsharkangler

Hello. I have a 1989 M998, with the updated rear parking brakes..

I have adjusted the parking brake as described in the manuals. Well, the adjustment knob has now bottomed out, and can no longer be adjusted. I barely holds the vehicle.

I have gone over the rear brakes (cleaned, lubed etc.), all seems as per the manuals. Pads are like new along with the rotor.

Is there a way gain more adjustment on the parking brake that I have not found yet?

Thank you in advance.

Action

The long cable attached to the handle.... Find the other end of yhat where it hooks to a bracket holding the two cables going to the calipers. Is there an adjustment there?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks