• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking brake adjustments/repair?

mudsharkangler

I have been having an issue with my parking brake on an M998. It is the later type that uses the rear calipers to set the brake.

I have followed the manuals etc. and I have run out of adjustment, both on the handle and the rod underneath. The brake pads and rotors are well within specs.

Is this something that can be repaired? Could the cables be stretched that much?

Any help would be appreciated!

mudsharkangler

Oh, sorry...guess I was not that clear. Thank you for answering.

I have run out of ways to "Tighten" the parking brake system. The handle adjustment is all the way out and the adjustment not on the rod underneath is also at its MAX. The parking brake barely holds now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks