• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking Brake Boot/shock questions

JR Scout

Anybody have a source for the rubber boot that goes over the parking brake handle? No luck trying to match the part #- I had hoped that would have been one of the standard M series parts, but apparently not. Grainger and Northern Tools didn't have anything that looked like it would work.

2nd- What can I expect if I try to change the shock absorbers? It looks like everything under there is pretty much undisturbed for many years, and would not seperate willingly. I don't have any plans to do any major off-roading in it, so I'm trying to decide if it will be worth the effort. Current ones are serviceable, but I suspect at least one is not as stiff as it needs to be. Also, what is availability of replacements? I have read that there might be some commonality with Mutt shocks on the front and back.

Charlie 6

I read your post but can not be of any help concern shock replacement, never replaced one to date. The parking brake boot never came across one for sale. I sprayed mine with Plastic Dip from Lowes and it looks new. If you need close up pictures or measurements let me know.

m561gamagoat

I do recall this question on the old gamagoat.com site. I cant remember specifics but seem to recall there was a civilian comparable replacement. Just dont know what it was. Also, Artsparts in Minnesota. might your best bet for the boot, although it will prob. b used.