• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking Brake Cable Bracket

WantOne

Does anyone have a picture of how the parking brake cable is attached to the cab. Mine is broken and I'm trying to figure what I need to do to re-attach it.

Thanks

Here's what mine looks like right now.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's correct.

dmetalmiki

That plate is (supposed to be) welded to the underside of cab floor. When iv'e replaced the Hand Brake Cable on my deuces, It was so difficult to get at, We removed the spare wheel.
It is weld mounted at the appropriate angle of course. Not 90*

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That plate is (supposed to be) welded to the underside of cab floor. When iv'e replaced the Hand Brake Cable on my deuces, It was so difficult to get at, We removed the spare wheel.
It is weld mounted at the appropriate angle of course. Not 90*
Incorrect.

88 14 PAOZZ 2530-00-001-9228 11647908 19207 WEAR PLATE:

Attachments

Last edited:

DeucesWild11

Holy cow I was right about something on my deuce.. First time for everything!!

Just a few months ago I couldn't find the Master Cylinder!!! Never too old to learn!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stick around, you'll be a genius before you know it!

DeucesWild11

I'll have to dig deeper, was told there was an issue with the brake and it dealt with a bracket that needed to be reattached.
Is the handbrake inside the cab attached firmly and work properly? That's the only other place where there are brackets that can be removed.

Mine had nothing when I got it so I had to rebuild from scratch..

WantOne

The parking brake handle only moves about half an inch. Looking directly underneath it appears this movement is right below the handle (see picture). Appears that maybe the sheath should be attached here so that the cable moves within it? Next thing I guess is to disconnect it at the brake to see if I can get the cable to move at all. Possibly need to replace the cable.

Attachments

DeucesWild11

When you move it see if anything moves out at the brake itself, if you lift the handle up and the brake arm moves then your cable is OK. My cable was seized.. the handle moved like yours about 1/2 inch but nothing was happening back at the brake itself. I tried some penetrating oil but it didn't work for me.. perhaps it may for you ... good luck..

DeucesWild11

Also, see the item #15 in doghead's post. this is a spacer in there that helps the cable to move freely, mine is missing but still moves, to get it to move fully sometimes I need to grab the top of the cable and move it forward a little. I just stick my finger in behind the cable before I pull it up. Even if you don't have it you should be able to see if you have a seized cable or not..

WantOne

Cable is seized up. The only movement is where the sheath has been pulled out of the coupler right below the lever as shown in post #16. Have removed the old one and have a new one on order.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks