• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking Brake pedal question

Cobra33Bravo

Okay Ive looked through TM's and have found nothing detailed enough for my question. My parking brake pedal comes all the way up to the release handle when released. Is there supposed to be some kind of bump stop or something to keep it from coming up that far? I had a 1983 full size Jimmy a while back and don't remember that pedal coming up that far. Any pictures of the mount for the parking brake that would answer this for me? The pictures for the parking brake mount in the TM's aren't detailed enough for me, maybe I'm missing something.
Thanks

Cobra33Bravo

Thanks! I know one of these times I'm not going to watch and that pedal is going to smack my knuckles. The pedal doesn't release easily so I know I will turn the sky blue when it happens. I will take a look to see if I can find that part.

Mine does the same thing. I've been whacked a few times and fear it. I just keep a looped piece of cord, or a carabiner, on the release. Good to know there is a stopper which will prevent this.

ralbelt

I will put my foot on it and let it return slowly. Reason being is that if you have mud, snow, grit on your boot and it transfers to the pedal you will have a good shot of wearing it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks