• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking brake swap

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know if the old style parking brake can be swapped out for a new style lever without any cutting/drilling? I have a new lever and cable and I would like to switch them out because I want to put in a spring seat. I see the old lever gets in the way when I tried switch the box for a spring seat.

mhb285

I had to relpace the cable and get the correct mounting hardware from Memphis Equipment for a new type replacement handle. It wasn't just a handle swapout....
Mike

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The handle and cable are a matched set. If you have the correct cable for the handle, they will un-bolt and swap out with no drilling. You cannot use an adjustable handle with a non-adjustable cable, and vise-versa. So, the answer to your question is yes.

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay. What I have is the newer handle, bottom braket, and cable from a newer deuce. I just wasn't sure if there was something to change at the brake itself.
All this to put in a spring seat!!!

Wild Horse Hans

I'm doing the same thing. The brake itself is the same. You need the lever and cable as well as the hardware and it will hook up to the original brake.
Also you will need the U shaped bracket from the companion seat to fit the spring seat. I found that out after I got the box seat out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks