• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking Brake won't release

kurtkds

I have successfully used a shop light with a 60W bulb in it to thaw out frozen cables. Just clamp the light onto the frame or something solid and aim the light at the frozen object. In short order the ice will start to melt. The good thing about this trick is that the bulb won't get too hot and melt other things that don't need to be melted..:-D

rlwm211

If you fill the housing with a lubricant that clings well, is not like concrete in the cold, it will keep the moisture from freezing the cable in the housing. I just did not think to "lube" mine before the freeze. It was fine until I took a 7 hour ride in the slop a couple of weeks ago.

I am hoping that we will see some above freezing temps here on Saturday. If not, I like the light bulb idea and thanks for the contribution on that.

Now, I have to go and find a clip on light....

RL