• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking light inop

badtruck

My d/s parking light is not working (it's not the bulb). The indicator arrow on the dash stays illuminated when the lights are on. For temporary consistency, I removed the p/s bulb so both parking lights stay off (looks better for now), but the right turn indicator does not stay illuminated like the left one does. That leads me to believe this is a factory message telling me what is wrong, but I'm not sure what it is yet. Going to troubleshoot it later tonight, but for now I figured you guys might be able to shed some insight.

cpf240

Check grounds at each light, all of them, not just the one in question. Also carefully check the bulb sockets, as there is a ground tab in there that is known to corrode and break. Replacement sockets should be available at most auto parts houses.

Gripy

Bad contact. If its not the bulb then it is probably the socket. I had to recently replace my driver side socket for the parking light.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks