• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking M923 in Glendale, AZ Residential Neighborhood

phil2968

Had to sell my m923. Sad day. Now on to looking for an older M35 with a radio box that I can convert to an RV so I can tell the city to stuff it next time.
A M35 will put you in the same boat. They consider any vehicle with 3 axles to be commercial. I went through the same thing.
From your city codes......

Commercial vehicle.*Any vehicle that customarily is used to carry passengers or property in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise and meets one (1) or more of the following criteria:

(1)

Has three (3) or more axles;

(2)

Has a length in excess of twenty-two (22) feet, inclusive of the front and rear bumpers,

(3)

Has a declared gross vehicle weight (GVM) in excess of twenty-thousand (20,000) pounds.

Those Military Guys

Supporting Vendor
tell me you didn't sell it because of the complaining neighbor. if so before i sold it i would of went to the complainer and ask what is their problem with your truck and ask them if they have a problem with honoring america soldiers, just so they know you knew who they are and i bet they would of stop complaining because they got caught.

Woodsplinter

tell me you didn't sell it because of the complaining neighbor. if so before i sold it i would of went to the complainer and ask what is their problem with your truck and ask them if they have a problem with honoring america soldiers, just so they know you knew who they are and i bet they would of stop complaining because they got caught.
I believe the "complainant" was anonymous and thus his/her identity was not known to Mark.

L1A1

I believe the "complainant" was anonymous and thus his/her identity was not known to Mark.
Yes this how it's done nowadays. The complaintant can hide behind a curtain of ananimity and the only "face" you see/have to deal with is that of your local CEO....Sad really, there was a time when if you didn't have the stones to leave your contact details/name, the code enforcment people didn't investigate the complaint.

Sorry to hear about the disposal of your 5 ton. Hate when I hear/read about jack-legs winning...

Regards,
Matt

phxmark

I now have a 1987 M35A2C. No complaints yet from the city! If I do receive one, I have Historic Plates on it and the city can not do a darn thing about it!

I changed the tires and wheels from the 11.00R20s that were on it to 395/85/20 and installed a winch. This thing is BAD A$$ looking. I like the looks of it better than the 5-ton.

Attachments

Last edited:

phxmark

No bed on it when I bought it. Still making plans on how fabricate a R/V on the back. M109 van bodies seem to be rare and it seems the same person keeps paying premium prices for the S-280 shelters on GovLiquidation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks