• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking the M1078/M1081 LMTV: Actual Max Width and Length vs Garage

Crapgame

OK, yeah, shoulda thought about that first, eh? The -10 is showing a width of 8ft, length 20ft 11in, height 9ft 4in.

M1081 with the cab roof removed and windshield folded down, the max height isn't too much a factor other than having to duck.

Width: -10 states 8ft. Now is that exact width of cab or bed? Or do the sling load Lift Beams stick out a few inches on each side past the cab and bed?

I'm asking so I can make a better decision about a home in FL, then will have to weigh a minimum 9ft wide single car garage door, vs a carport or having to erect a pole barn over a previous RV parking place in side yard.

I had found a property at 32ft ASL, 2005 construction for latest hurricane safety code, brick construction, and two separate single car garage openings which I figured would be easier to secure, stronger in a hurricane and cheaper to replace vs one larger door. But, per the Dash 10, I'd need a 5gal bucket of GAA or KY Jelly to squeeze into a single car garage.

Depths I'm finding the average built are 20-21ft deep, some are 18ft.

I was hoping for at least covered storage so I can take all week to prep and load up the vehicle minus comms and armament vs having to break speed records and body loading up everything myself the morning of prior to departure.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're not going to get it in an 8' wide garage door. (Also, my 8' wide door is measured between the metal rails, and the actual door frame on the house is narrower. Yours may be different.) The lift hooks do not stick out extra.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks