• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Part availability for M37

macawpat

Considering purchasing an M37 to restore. Looks pretty much all there runs and drives but if I am going to restore it can someone tell me how hard it would be to find parts. Or who I could turn to that specializes in this truck. I really want to take this one on, not for myself so much as for our Vets. Thanks All

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
John at Midwest is my M37 guy for parts. Parts for them are pretty much cheap and very easy to get for alot of places. They are fun little money pits that you will really enjoy restoring and driving and maintaining. -Jay

m376x6

eBay is a good place sometimes. AB Linn sells there. There are places like
Fred at Adirondack
Antelope Valley Truck parts
Memphis Equipment
MILITARY SUPPLIER SEARCH RESULTS
The web site above will help. If you find a supplier that has what you need or want at a price that is acceptable you can search their name here to get some comments on them. Some are not real good, some are great. There are a couple of magazines that are interesting and have for sale classifieds. They are Supply Line from the Military Vehicle Preservation Association, and Military Vehicles Magazine. Good Luck. Oh and nopics

jollyroger

Vintage Power Wagons is another source.

You may want to think about buying a parts truck if you have the space for it so you can rob whatever you need when you need it.

98taco3

Ive used midwest military for just about everything ive needed for my truck. Customer service is TOPS and John is very knowledgeable. Fast shipping and in fact there was a problem with my credit card but John shipped anyways! Took care of the payment problem and i will most definitely be using them as my only supplier. Cant beat them!

Mike_L

I second what they said. John has always squared me away with what I was looking for from him. He has quite an extensive reproduction line and the new stuff is just as good as NOS. I have no complaints about the others either, all are good sources and have good customer service in my opinion.

I also shop around a bit. The vendors listed: AB Linn, VPW, Adirondack, and the others are all excellent sources for parts. But shop around, some are better priced than others. I also do google searches sometimes for parts and have found parts in out of the way sites. Some surplus stores also carry parts that have been under priced compared to many M37 vendors.

If it can wait, like an upcoming project you are waiting for summer or an indoor winter project, I find the seasonal MV swap meets are the best places to find stuff for (usually) less than most of the mainstream vendors. Nothing like being able to see and feel the part you are considering on buying.