• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Part ID Question

pwrwagonfire

Could somebody on here please tell me what this part is? The parts book I have calls it "Nipple" Part # CC-1274903

The one in my "new" manifold is slightly tweaked (bent) I think it'll still work...but if I can get it out now is the time.

I have a spare intake with this part on it, but I don't think I will be able to remove it without destroying it!

Thanks in advance, if I can figure out what exactly this IS, I'm hoping to order it from Midwest Military this afternoon

Attachments

jbayer

28.jpgDoesn't look like just your standard H.W. pipe nipple. Looks like a one-piece reduction nipple with a jam nut.

But you might be able to use some H.W. store stuff to make it work.

Last edited:

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is part of the fording equipment and the crankcase ventilation system. The fumes from your oil pan are fed back into your carburetor system.

One of the manuals explains how the system works. I believe it is the engine manual, but I'm not sure.

John at Midwest will know which manual the system is in (he will probably know the page and paragraph too).

Storm 51

pwrwagonfire

It is part of the fording equipment and the crankcase ventilation system. The fumes from your oil pan are fed back into your carburetor system.

One of the manuals explains how the system works. I believe it is the engine manual, but I'm not sure.

John at Midwest will know which manual the system is in (he will probably know the page and paragraph too).

Storm 51
I guess I should have asked "what is this called," instead of the way I phrased it...but you did a much better job than I would have of describing what it DOES!

I was able to remove my mangled part today with moderate heat and a pair of vice grips...called Midwest Military and did my best job describing the part. We'll see what I get!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks