• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Part ID

dr_freeze

Was tracking down the grounding errors that we were discussing on the other thread and came across a couple of things.

I think the broken part in the picture below is:

AC Delco 6.2L Diesel Cold Advance Solenoid Fuel Injection Id

Could be the issue with staying running when the truck is first started. Could someone verify that it's the same thing? If so, there is also a used one on hillbilly wizard.

In the second picture, what is it? It was just laying on the fender well and the other end goes to a taped cluster of wires that looks like it goes inside the firewall.

As always, all help is greatly appreciated!
IMG_2691.pngIMG_2692.pngIMG_2691.pngIMG_2692.png

TheMod

The first piece is is the high idle solenoid that works with the cold timing advance when starting cold. Mine was broke but I was able to remove the outer casing and resolder the end of the winding back together. It can cause the truck to die when starting very cold with diesel. It does not have the power to set high idle but the plunger will hold after the gas pedal is pressed. It releases when the coolant temp sensor reaches 110* F I believe.

The second item is only used on one of the cucv variants but included on all. If it's laying there it's probably not used on yours. I don't remember what it's for but someone who does will chime in.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

dr_freeze

The first piece is is the high idle solenoid that works with the cold timing advance when starting cold. Mine was broke but I was able to remove the outer casing and resolder the end of the winding back together. It can cause the truck to die when starting very cold with diesel. It does not have the power to set high idle but the plunger will hold after the gas pedal is pressed. It releases when the coolant temp sensor reaches 110* F I believe.

The second item is only used on one of the cucv variants but included on all. If it's laying there it's probably not used on yours. I don't remember what it's for but someone who does will chime in.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Thanks for the ID. You can see where the tab has already been soldered to the part at one time and I don't know if it can be reapplied. I guess we could try it. I mean it's not working now so what have we got to lose. I found a used one at HW, and there are several new on eBay. It's also good to know that the other part is apparently not needed. Thanks again and on to the next thing!

cucvrus

That single plug you are holding is for the rear heater on the M1010. It goes to a fuel pump that is mounted on the left inner fender. I also think it is used in the cargo diesel fired heater. The fast idle is a quick easy fix. Just replace it. Good Luck.