• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Part number help m1010 alternator bolts

riggermedic

I found in the -20p the bolts that I need to install the top alternator for my m1010. The problem is I have no idea how to translate the numbers I have into a number that works. Here is what I am looking for
Smr code PAOZZ. Cagec 11862. Part number 9440280
smr code. PAOZZ. Cagec 96906. Part number MS90728-109
can someone teach me how to translate this into useable data?
i called both Napa and a dealer and neither were very helpful
A google search under the part number and bolt and I get a general description with an nsn number. What am I doing wrong? Please teach me how to reference parts so I don't need to ask every time.
thank you in advance for your help

GunnyM1009

14067717 this should be the GM part number. Good luck I only found a couple online and I hope its the whole bracket and not just the bolt. We are talking $30 to $50. Best of luck.

riggermedic

Just looking for the bolts... Or info for replacement bolts from a non dealer entity. Size and length.
If worst comes to worst I'll strip the lower to compare, but I would like to learn how to use the system. Am I failing because this part number is obsolete?
For any current part would I just search for the part number as listed in the -20p? Or do I convert the number to another?

joshuak

I can share what works for me.

I perform a search in the -20p with the part number I'm looking for, in your case 9440280, then I follow the search results back to the sections titled "Cross Reference Indexes" and the NSN is available there. In this case it is 5305-01-203-2289, then it's a matter of googling the NSN.

https://www.google.com/search?q=5305-01-203-2289&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

In other cases just using the part number and a short description works. I searched for "9440280 bolt".

https://www.google.com/search?q=9440280+bolt&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Also, sites like the link bellow were suggested and have proven helpful to find a description of the item.

http://www.wbparts.com

YMMV

cucvrus

If you get in a bind make bolts from threaded rod and nuts. get the correct size and pitch threads. I do it as needed. Right lower alternator bolt on CUCV M1009 comes to mind. I bought everyone GM had. Then I started making them. It works gets the same results. Weld the nut on the end to the correct length and grind and polish the bolt/nut face good as new.

jonstine

To the OP, did you ever find out which bolt was the correct bolt for the top alternator bolt? My top bolt just sheared off, and I'm in the process of trying to back it out. No idea what bolt is the correct replacement though, hoping you've figured that out. If not, I will post back here with my findings for future searches.

joshuak

I've used 7/16-14 bolts in place of item #1 in the diagram.

M1010 Alt. Mounting.jpg

Why standard measurements on M1010 alternator bolts vs metric on the other CUCV variants, beats me. :cookoo:

riggermedic

I ended up finding some in a friends bolt bin, they were common and nothing special, I cant remember the size now... sorry I should have updated the original post when I had the info at hand for search purposes for othersaua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks