• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Part Number or NSN for Starter Relay

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys,
Does anyone have a spare one available, or the part number or NSN for the "Starter Relay" that is unique to the M39 series with LDS-465-1A engine?

This is NOT like the control box on the 800 series, this is just a relay box.

I fine the instruction for removal and replacement in the TM but no reference in the -P. (This is where is specifies the -1A engine.)

Any assistance, or just pointing me in the right direction, will be appreciated.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ressurecting a thread here. Mark, did you ever resolve this issue? I have an unknown box on the firewall of my dump that might just be this item. I have a new harness so I'm trying to figure this out in advance.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
6 years later and I'm pretty sure I figured this out. The following copied out of TM 9-232-211-20P.

5945-636-8778 RELAY ASSEMBLY: STARTER CONTROL, ON LEFT FIREWALL, ENGINE SIDE UOC AB,AC EA 1

HARNESS ASSEMBLY: STARTER COTNROL RELAY TO STARTER SOLENOID AB,AC EA 1
11608935-1

I can't find sources for either the relay or the harness. I know that on deuces, some had the magnetic relay and some didn't. I'll need to see if I can bypass it or switch to the one similar to the deuce.

Guyfang

Staff member
6 years later and I'm pretty sure I figured this out. The following copied out of TM 9-232-211-20P.

TM 9-232-211-20P. RELAY ASSEMBLY: STARTER CONTROL, ON LEFT FIREWALL, ENGINE SIDE UOC AB,AC EA 1

HARNESS ASSEMBLY: STARTER COTNROL RELAY TO STARTER SOLENOID AB,AC EA 1
11608935-1

I can't find sources for either the relay or the harness. I know that on deuces, some had the magnetic relay and some didn't. I'll need to see if I can bypass it or switch to the one similar to the deuce.
This is the kind of thing I like to look for. You got the TM number wrong, but that was an easy one. TM 9-2320-211-20P.
I found the TM, located the info you quoted. Found the UOC's AB and AC. I assume yours is AB, the LDS-465-1A engine?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suppose my fingers got outpaced by my mind. Sad thing is, I know these TM numbers by heart, just blew this one. I reckon I should have cited which TM, section and page my info was found on. Yes, my UOC is AB. For those just joining in, UOC A is for all trucks. AA is for 6602 gassers, AB for the LDS multifuels and AC is for the ENDT673 diesels, There is a whole bunch more in the front of your parts TMs. Its good to know these things.

Guyfang

Staff member
I suppose my fingers got outpaced by my mind. Sad thing is, I know these TM numbers by heart, just blew this one. I reckon I should have cited which TM, section and page my info was found on. Yes, my UOC is AB. For those just joining in, UOC A is for all trucks. AA is for 6602 gassers, AB for the LDS multifuels and AC is for the ENDT673 diesels, There is a whole bunch more in the front of your parts TMs. Its good to know these things.
This was info I was going to ask about in the next post. It was about 24:00 and my wife was pushing me "to get into bed". Lots of folks dont understand what all info is in the books, but you do, so no need to go there. Have you looked in the -34P? I will take a gander later, but dont know if you have all the TM's.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was info I was going to ask about in the next post. It was about 24:00 and my wife was pushing me "to get into bed". Lots of folks dont understand what all info is in the books, but you do, so no need to go there. Have you looked in the -34P? I will take a gander later, but dont know if you have all the TM's.
I did go through the -34P. I usually use that one first. Now bear with me here, I have most of these in paper but I used the search function of the PDF to help me narrow down my searches. Relay was the term I used in both TMs to find the info I was seeking. Using that search parameter in the -34P, I found nothing related to the starter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks