• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parting out a M54 engine for now

Blythewoodjoe

I have a M54 listed in the classified but I have now decided to part it out if anyone is interested in the engine. It's a multi-fuel and seems to run good. Turbo too. If anyone wants the engine and it goes, I will be parting out the rest. It's still for sale whole but I think it would make a good parts truck. Some people cringe when you say "part out" but I believe some trucks are just too much trouble to get on the road. If I hadn't found a M813 at a good price I would be fixing this truck up, but that's mostly because I have 3 parts deuces to get cab part from and another 5 ton for other stuff.

I will put the engine and trans together for $1250 and this would include most anything that hooks to them. As far as I know the alternator is good as is the turbo and power steering pump. The trans don't want to go into 4th gear. I posted a few pictures of the rest of the truck and engine compartment in the add a little bit ago. If anyone wants a bigger picture I have those picture in the 1.5mb size.

This truck can be driven and tested as much as you want. I can pull the engine in about 1 hour probably. We have an air compressor on a trailer with 1/2", 3/4" and 1" impact wrenches and sockets. I can break a truck down pretty quick with this and the 40,000 pound excavator.

Odometer says 7352 and the tach 1277. Wonder if that's right? Still it's probably 30 year old.

This could be a good engine for a deuce if anyone is crazy enough to try and squeeze in it.

Joe Trapp