• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parting out an M1009?

LanceRobson

This is also posted as a classified. I can get the parts to the NJ MTA show on April 17 or to the Aberdeen show. There is a possibility of getting parts to Haspin. Delivery charges may be billed in beer. :roll: For delivery stuff I may want a deposit before I take the time to pull things.

I have an M1009 that was a strong running truck but the rear of the body was rough and both our M1008 and our other M1009 have great bodies so it became a parts truck. It has 84K miles on it. My wife wants it gone (can’t blame her) and if someone needs a part I’d rather see them get re-used than scrapped.
Missing from the truck are the transmission, the center support that joins the transmission and the transfer case, fan, alternators, steering gear box, front seats, grill, front bumper and brush guard, front frame extensions (where the shackles are), the slave receptacle, the passenger door glass, glow pug card and relays and batteries. The dash pad is shot.
The engine is a strong runner and does not burn oil but may be sold. The windshield wiper motor is spoken for. Other than that, it’s all up for grabs.
The tailgate window works but the handle is broken. The rear cap is there and has some glass fiber showing from weathering. The front fenders and driver side door are very clean. The passenger side door has surface rust and a few wrinkles but is savable. The hood has surface rust but no dents. The glass, except for the passenger door, is all good with no cracks. The side view mirrors are good.
As a homebuilder I’m not breaking ground on another house for 2-3 weeks and really need to get any parts folks want off this thing soon. If anyone needs a picture, it’ll take a day or two.
Please PM me if you are looking for something.
Lance

Mudstone

if possible... all i need to install my pintle is a metal support. it is in the -20p 115-2 Part number 40 in the figure. 14067775 is the part number listed. it's the long metal bar that goes under the pintle assembly and accross to both lower shackle supports. if you have me want... let me know how much and i can prob get it from you in NJ or drive out to you.

LanceRobson

To anyone who sent me a message on the classified ad. I editid the ad to show that the engine is NOT sold and all the messages from folks were dropped. If you sent me a message, please send it again. If anyone who wants a part will be going to the RedBall spring meet next month in NJ or to Aberdeen (or you know someone who is) that could be a way to get what you need. I will be at both.

The engine is a strong runner that does not smoke or burn oil.

Mudstone-I should have an extra support from putting a hitch on my son's M1009. I hope to sell this truck's pintle complete. I'll let you know. I could dig out the speedo but you may want to look at ebay. There are NOS ones for $65.

bowtie crazy- I'll let you know about the voltmeter. The whole dash panel might be sold.

justin-the windshield and fender are both great. Contact doghead. He may be going to Haspin and may be able to help you out on his way through OH.

Pinball-the bezel is in good shape with the usual loss of luster but it has no cracks.

tonka-tester-I have a complete pintle except (maybe) the frame extensions for the tiedown/tow shackles. Do you need any of the diagonal braces between the frame and fender?

86M10086.2L- the fan shroud is out, in great shape and is available. Doy you need the oil cooler lines that run behind it?

To everybody- when I started this I asked that wants and needs be communicated by PM. I don't want to clutter up the forum with that stuff. Asking a general question about parting a truck out is OK but all the other stuff probably should be off the forum. Please PM me.

Thanks

Lance

Mudstone

If you're willing... i have all i need except that lower support that goes from one side to the other. i would love you forever...:D