• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parting out three deuces in NY...

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am about to purchase a complete fuel tank pulled off a running deuce with all mounting hardware for $200.

He has three deuces. Two run, one does not. They have been 'farm trucks' apparently for a long time. The sheet metal is worthless, but he will be selling the mechanicals, etc.

He still has two more fuel tanks. One of them is on the running deuce. When he sends me his contact info, I will post it here.

If you east coast guys need mechanical parts, here is your chance. Be nice to the guy as he's just 'getting rid' of these trucks. Says he doesn't know how to price them.

I know, I know, oldest line in the book. But one of the salvage yards here in Denver wanted $200 for the fuel tank. No mounting hardware, fuel pump was stripped out. It didn't even have the cap.

So I offered this guy $200 and he said fine by him. Have I overpaid for this working fuel tank? jim

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not really Jim. If the in tank pump is operational its worth at least $100. You also got the legs to mount the tank on? I gave DR a tank and legs while he was here. I still have one more tank (no pump) and a set of legs still on a frame. Too bad this stuff is all but impossible to ship.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike,
New Suffolk, NY. I should have exact info shortly. He was the guy on ebay that was selling a deuce drive train. I contacted him and asked what else he had. That's when he told me the 'three deuces' story.

I sent him my phone number and we talked Saturday. He sent me his phone number during Super Bowl. Said he would go out and take a couple of pix of each truck Monday and get back with me.

He will be giving me his address then. As soon as I get contact info, I will post it here.

Here is a deuce drive train he was selling on ebay. Highest bid was $173. Reserve was not met.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=1&item=8034311585&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

He said he would 'crate up' and palletize the fuel tank and I could arrange shipping. He said he even had a 'commercial address' I could have it picked up at. He said he has a fork lift there to help with loading...

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The guy's name is Todd. He told ME that he would crate and palletize the fuel tank and ship it from his commercial address so I could get a cheaper rate.

I think HE doesn't want to deal with all the shipping company BS. So if you have a shipper you normally use, he seems willing to make it happen.

I use DHL.

Kenny said the fuel tanks are all but 'impossible' to ship. Can ANYONE tell me why? Is it because it used to hold fuel?? Thx. jim

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
beacuse of the fumes it has.. It's a HAZMAT item. And shipping HAZMAT as normal freight is not a good thing if you get caught, and people DO get caught.... I used to work in the shipping industry..

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HAZMAT - yes it can cost extra if you ship hazmat stuff. I should know. As a gunsmith I buy my ammo several CASES at a time. And there is a HAZMAT charge. It's generally $5 per case. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Having said all that, I had a long chat with my shipper, DHL, and told them what I wanted to ship. The guy even put me on hold for about five minutes and walked over and had a chat with the 'hazmat guy' at their call center.

He came back on and asked me how long ago it had fuel in it. I told him it still has fuel in it. BUT I was planning on having the guy take it over to a steam cleaning company to clean it out prior to shipping. Hey, no reason to ship cr@ppy stuff half way across the country, right? Todd even told me he would be willing to pull the fuel pump assembly before taking the tank into a radiator shop to have it steam cleaned.

As I was going to do that ANYWAY, I told him to call me back and tell me how much $$$'s I'm gonna have to send him.

OH, and DHL wants $50 to ship it from New York to Denver. NO Hazmat charge as long as it's been steam cleaned. And Todd is going to palletize it for me. SO that makes it even easier. Plus he is shipping it to me from a commercial address. AND has a fork lift to load it on their truck.

I'll keep you folks informed. ESPECIALLY once I get it here. I can't wait. Even if it costs me $300 shipped AND CLEANING costs included, it's not too bad a deal. At least I don't think it is. Especially as he's pulling it from a running truck. And includes all mounting hardware.

jim

Peter Bog

Hay Jim
Do you have Todd email I would like to get a hold of him, He only lives 30 min. away, so I can go down and take a look at what he has.

DeuceParts

ida34 said:
I think is was still about $20 but the pickup only part is really killing his sales.
Just want to introduce myself. I am the guy parting the 3 trucks. I will ship if the buyer can arrange everything and is willing to work with me. I also am only 20 minutes from the Cross Sound ferry so it should be an easy trip for some of you to pick up parts. I also travel to PA quite a bit and can deliver if needed. I am also allways on the hunt for 3 wheelers, ATC's ar whatever you call them by you and not afraid of a road trip. Pricing will be very reasonable, I just want to make back my investment and a few $ profit for my time. Feel free to email/pm me with your needs and I'll see what I have.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks