• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts Catch All

ARYankee

As some of you know I have created a parts search database tool. Well I have been trying to figure out a good way for anyone with this tool to update any parts. Instead of constantly updating the database and resending it out, I am creating this thread to catch part information. The purpose of this thread is to gather part information which would include: NSN updates/additions, vendors that carry that part along with the vendor part #, alternative parts and numbers and who will carry those. This way folks that have the database can update it as necessary.

Prankster

I have read your posting, and I think it is a great ideal.

My Grandpa once told me of a "Same As list." It was a cross-over index showing where one part carried an entire list of part numbers. It could be brake shoes, or "U" Joints, or most anything else. What it did was create a way to find a part in alternative ways, and reduce the amount inventory in a store room.

Keep up the good work!!!

ARYankee

I don't know how your going to do it, but I'd love to see it.
I plan on winging it!!!! I have the database built and distributed out to those who have asked. My intent of this thread is just to help build on what I have started. For instance I saw in the last issue of Military Vehicles an article about a replacement fan. I'm going to dig that issue up and post the info about it so folks can add that to their database.

Here it is: It is in issue 149, pg. 64

Info: Impeller, Fan, Axial for LDT-465C
Tech Manual Reference: 9-2320-361-34P Fig.43, Item # 1 Part # 11641747

Replacement: Nylon, Impeller, Fan, Axial
Made by American Cooling Systems Part# 449150-20
Vendor: Superior Turbo & Injection (www.superiorturbo.com)
Sales Contact: Larry Brudzynski Ext.22

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate to suggest this, but a Wiki would serve your purpose

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate to suggest this, but a Wiki would serve your purpose
:ditto:

Why not just post the info in the Wiki? It would be available to anybody on the site if you did that. Others could also add to it.

ARYankee

That's fine and I agree. And it would work. Everyone could reference that to add or edit parts in their copy of the database.

So..... Can anyone add to the wiki on the site?

Last edited:

ARYankee

Ok... Forget the question in the last post. I just wandered over to the wiki section and that answered that question. I hadn't really used it. I will definitely contribute to it. I will see about having a Parts Section.

ARYankee

OK. I started a Parts section in the deuce wiki. I wasn't too sure on how to lay it out but it is a start. If anyone has any better ideas then lets hear them.

shenkmen

OK. I started a Parts section in the deuce wiki. I wasn't too sure on how to lay it out but it is a start. If anyone has any better ideas then lets hear them.
Thanks for doing this. Only suggestions is to provide a link to the wiki in this thread. Perhaps updating the first post with an update and a link would be most helpful.

Thanks again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks