• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts for an M917 dump

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know where I can find parts for an M917 dump? For those who are unfamiliar, this truck is not part of the M939 series. It is part of the M915 series. I am looking for a new diff lock/front wheel engagement switch, one heater control knob and a couple of the fans that go on the dash. If anyone has any leads, the info would be appreciated. Thanks!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are Freightliner FLD120 chassis trucks. Can you go the FL and order it by vin? Might be easier than trying to fing used stuff.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will, I wish mine was a Freightliner! I own the older generation made by AM General. Thanks for the suggestion, though. If no one has any leads, I will check the parts manual and try to find the civilian manufacturer. That is only sometimes effective since many of those companies won't sell to civvies. Thanks, again!

powerhouseduece

Will, I wish mine was a Freightliner! I own the older generation made by AM General. Thanks for the suggestion, though. If no one has any leads, I will check the parts manual and try to find the civilian manufacturer. That is only sometimes effective since many of those companies won't sell to civvies. Thanks, again!
Is it like this one my buddy own's?

Attachments

reb87

There have been a lot of 915 and 915a1s sold recently they have the same small parts/fans (except the air switch only engages diff lock)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
POWERHOUSEDEUCE, yeah, that truck looks strangely familiar! :)

REB87, do you know anyone who got a parts truck? Thanks for the suggestion.

halftrack

Bruce, find the nsn and I can look it up on FEDLOG and give you a manufacturer and contact info. Sorry to hear about you weekend. I think we all had those types before. If anything, take a picture of the part. I wouldn't be surprised if it were not a standard heavy duty truck switch that I couldn't pick up from the truck store.

southdave

CCC made some of those dumps, if memories serves me right. Why worry about it ? you can only haul 8 tons legally on it, you be better off to buy a single axle. all your part can be had at any truck part store. I have some switches.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bruce, If you can not find used parts and have to buy new call Tom at CSI. He can order direct from AMG and will do it for you.;)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HNDRSONJ, thanks for the suggestion. I will check to see what the parts run. I know Tom...he's a great guy...but I never thought of CSI. Thanks, again!

Construction

Bruce,

I sent you a message about the M917.

Any luck with the above thread? I am having issues with my air shift lever/valve on my M916. It has been working intermittently, but lately not at all. I use my 916 to haul my 25 ton excavator off road, so the front axle pulling is vital.

MC

Bighurt

Try Dueceman51 in SD, he has a couple parts trucks, not sure if he has a M916, M917, M918, M919, M920 that would have the switch but it's worth a shout out.

reb87

DSC_1807.jpgDSC_1810.jpgDSC_1813.jpgYou could try to switch the air lines going to the transfercase. Then use the unlock position to lock the transfercase. Might get you by temporarily. Here is my 50000lb gradall being loaded onto my m920.

Attachments

reb87

Both my m916 and m920 had the lines hooked up backwords. It was too hard to get to the back of the switch so I just went to the air lines on the transfer case shifter and reversed them. This will only help if your valve in the cab(in the engage position)is not sending air to the transfer case shifter. The in cab valve part number is 285402 and made by bendix it is listed here http://www.bendix.com/en/servicessupport/partnumbersearch/partnumbersearch_1.jsp

nicolas gabrie

Bruce,

I sent you a message about the M917.

Any luck with the above thread? I am having issues with my air shift lever/valve on my M916. It has been working intermittently, but lately not at all. I use my 916 to haul my 25 ton excavator off road, so the front axle pulling is vital.

MC
you have transfer for dump truck am general 1979 m917 please let me know if you have and price to ,asap tanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks