• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts needed for an M109 in PNW (OR)

jesusgatos

I just bought an M109 and there are a few parts that I'd like to pick up for it:

I NEEED a hard top (have an almost brand new soft top for trade plus cash) - BAD

complete gas tank with mounting brackets, fuel pump, etc.

Last edited:

jesusgatos

Thanks, but no luck. I really need to find a heater so that I can start to build-out the interior. Can anyone take some pictures and dimensions for me? That way at least I can make sure to save enough space to add one.

GUFFEY

I have a winch , PTO, bumper extensions and shaft, also have a new in the box heater kit with the grill blanket and a used fuel tank and brackets (no fuel pump). I'm in Colorado.

jesusgatos

Come on guys - somebody's got to have a hardtop for sale. I can drive to pick one up from anywhere on the west coast and I'm willing to pay fair value. I need to build a roofrack for my motorhome conversion ASAP and I can't start that until I have a top on the truck.

stampy

Heater can mount under the passenger seat. I have a coolant run heater in my M109... I put it in last winter and have not had a chance to test here in NC. Good luck on the hardtop, I don't see many that are in good shape for sale often.:-D

jesusgatos

pm sent on hard top...
Never got those pics you were going to send me.

Heater can mount under the passenger seat. I have a coolant run heater in my M109... I put it in last winter and have not had a chance to test here in NC. Good luck on the hardtop, I don't see many that are in good shape for sale often.:-D
Thanks for the info. At this point, I think I'm going to get a multi-fuel heater that I can duct into the box as well as the cab.

waayfast

Jim Grunke at Military Truck in Weiser Idaho had a steel top for sale last year--maybe he still has it or another--If your soft cab cover is the 3 color nylon I may be interested.
Jim

jesusgatos

Thanks! I just called and talked to him, but he wants $600 for it. I was hoping to score one for closer to half that. I've seen a bunch of them listed for $300-400, but they're just not anywhere near me.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are needing the fuel tank as a spare for the driver side of the truck, a passenger side fuel tank might not work. I was going to try that. Got to looking at where the fill spout would be.... Way under the bed in the back.

If you are hoping to add an additional fuel tank, you will need one that is designed for that side.

waayfast

You're welcome-- if it is the same one I saw- it was all fixed and painted and ready to bolt on--solid OD --you'd have to scuff and shoot the 3 color but at least the hard work was done.Yeah, us western orphans dont seem to have the parts available like our buddy's back East.:roll:

jesusgatos

If you are needing the fuel tank as a spare for the driver side of the truck, a passenger side fuel tank might not work. I was going to try that. Got to looking at where the fill spout would be.... Way under the bed in the back.

If you are hoping to add an additional fuel tank, you will need one that is designed for that side.
Yeah, it's for the driver's side and it's not going to be a problem the way my truck is set up.

You're welcome-- if it is the same one I saw- it was all fixed and painted and ready to bolt on--solid OD --you'd have to scuff and shoot the 3 color but at least the hard work was done.Yeah, us western orphans dont seem to have the parts available like our buddy's back East.:roll:
He did say that it was pretty nice, but $600 plus the gas money to go get it is a little bit out-of-reach right now.