• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts needed for Split brake system convertion?

The Swede

Hi Everyone

I have searched the forums but can not find what i need :(
I plan to convert my M35A2 to dual brake system and need some advice!
Is it possible to get the parts?
Make own air and brake lines?

But most important is what parts do I absolutely need?
I can get hold of the:
Master cylinder assembly
Right air hydraulic unit assembly
Brake pedal linkage

Thanks again in advance!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What Clinto is saying,

To covert the brake system is NOT a simple task. There is not a "kit" for the conversion. You must either find a donor truck with the dual system or make your own. The parts for the dual system are not the same as the single system.

You might be able to find the individual pieces at Memphis Equipment but the cost would be greater than the value of the truck.

Sorry.

Crazyguyla

The master cylinder mount is diffrent from the single circut system. Having worked on A2's with single and daul systems, and A3's. I would work on getting an A3 Parts truck and mount the remote resivoir somewhere in the cab. All the parts are soemwhat avalible, but the cost is high to do the conversion buying everything new. Besides making sure you have the right master cylinder, gettiing the right propoertioning valve is the next big item for safe braking. Everything elses is just splitting the system, installing a second air pack, and running new brake and air lines to tie it all together. Looks easy on paper, but actually hard once put into operation. I think the A3 master cylinder mount and the A2 daul circut master cylinder mount are not interchangible (diffrent part numbers in the books), Since the A3 doesn't have to support a clutch pedal assmbly too.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 9-2320-209-14&P covers the split brakes system.

The Swede

Thanks again for all your grate answers!, have decided to completly rebuild my single system insted!
Take to long to convert to split brakes.
Thanks!