• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts needed to complet turret?

vitamink

Here is where we are at currently. I want to make sure i have all the parts together before painting and i'm having issues.

006.jpg

I know these things come demilled from the military... what all hardware is needed to restore this to working order? I guess i'm just looking for specific names for the individual parts. The goal here is to mount a Resin 50cal.
$(KGrHqF,!h0E9Q4N5VQJBPjdE2SNBg~~60_35.JPG

I tried a search on "gun holder thingy for Hmmwvs" and it's netting 0 results.

BLK HMMWV

You need a weapons tray.
and a mount.
You have several options depending on your budget.
You have at least 2 options for the weapons tray.
It is a triangular shaped piece that bolts to your turret and will have a K shaped piece that goes below it inside the turret.
The first Gen version of the weapons tray is made out of formed sheetmetal . The second gen version is solid steel with big holes in it sometimes refered to as a swiss cheese mount.
It uses a lower support that is cast out of aluminum or something lighter weight.

Once you have one of those you will need a mount for your resin.50.
Once again you have several options.

Do you want to use a shield or just have the replica .50 mounted on the cheapest thing you can find?

There is a big hole in the same spot on both weapons trays . you will need to install pintle riser in this.
Again many opotions.

Inside the riser you will either fit a UPA (universal pintle adapter) or a M23 mount. your resin 50 should fit directly into that mount.
If you want to use a different type of cradle or mount called a MK-19, or MK64, or MK-93,
You will need adapters.

BLK HMMWV

Weapons tray

I'm not supprised "gun holder thingy " didn't net you any info.
You can go to www.BMG.com and in the Browning M2 section find pictures of several different types of cradels or mounts that will work with a M2.
Some times they are referred to as cradles others as mounts.

Also you can go to http://cranetechnologiesinc.com/ for more pictures and types of mounts.

Also you might want to go to www.G503.com in there weapons section you may find people selling what your looking for as well as the HMMWV WTB section.

Hope that helps some
BH

dilvoy

You pretty much have most everything there, including a complete humvee. You need to get a pintle mount and the pintle riser, then you can install a gun cradle or a gun shield and then a cradle. The pintle mount will attach directly atop your weapons tray on the long raised mounting area that has holes passing through it to the brace below. There are some long bolts that pass trough to the underside that hold it in place.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks