• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts source for Cat injector pump - MEP007B?

Boreal21

We (work) recently purchased 4 MEP007Bs for backup power. They don't frequently show up on GL, so when a good lot of them showed up we jumped all over it even tho they were located in Georgia and it wasn't possible to preview. Two of the 4 seem complete and should be ready to run soon, but 2 of the units were cannibalized for their injector pumps. I'm trying to find a source for them, but it's proving difficult.

From what I can tell, these are Cat 3305 engines. There is quite a bit of info out there for Cat 3306 engines, but almost nothing for 3305s. Just comparing photographs of the 2 models it seems like they are VERY similar if not identical. I'm wondering if the 3306 is just the civvy version of a 3305?

Anyway, anybody have any experience with these gensets? Any good ideas on where to look for replacement pumps? Any information/direction you might provide is very appreciated...

poppop

I don't know anything about these but I would find an injection pump rebuild shop and ask them. I am always empressed when I take something in and the guy behind the counter says hey, John Deere, or Mack or whatever. These guys know what works on what or will work on whatever.