• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts Suppliers for Head Gaskets?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There will be some subjectivity on this one as many folks have many experiences. My "Go To" company for everything deuce is White Owl. They have always been great with everything from customer service, price, stock and shipping costs and promptness.

Mike O

I always check Erik's Military and Industrial first. Lots of quality parts, good prices and the fellow who answers the phone is always friendly and helpful.

steelandcanvas

I always check Erik's Military and Industrial first. Lots of quality parts, good prices and the fellow who answers the phone is always friendly and helpful.
There will be some subjectivity on this one as many folks have many experiences. My "Go To" company for everything deuce is White Owl. They have always been great with everything from customer service, price, stock and shipping costs and promptness.
Both in my opinion are excellent parts sources. I have dealt with both and they will "bend over backwards" to assist you.

IROCMARK

new style head gaskets

So i did purchase the complete gasket kit from Erik's military parts but it has what i think is the old head gasket with separate fire rings. my question not to steel this thread but are the old style gaskets really that bad as long as the heads are perfectly true and the block is also true. the only reason i am even wondering about this is because i just closed on a house and it needs tons of remodeling and the deuce is my workhorse to haul.so i am kind of tight on time, and I have already started the tear down on the engine to change them. it was leaking coolant in two spots on the rear head.I realize the new gaskets are better just wondering what the odds are of failure if everything else is correct. Like i said i would stop and order them but i am tight on time because winter is hear and house remodeling in the winter isnt ideal. auaauaThanks

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks