• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts to keep off junk 3116?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple of years ago I replaced the 3116 that I cracked the block on, and it's since been sitting (covered). I'm going to scrap it, but is there anything good off it I should keep or sell?

I was thinking maybe...
  • Turbo
  • Front housing
  • Front cover
  • Oil pan
Thoughts?

coachgeo

A couple of years ago I replaced the 3116 that I cracked the block on, and it's since been sitting (covered). I'm going to scrap it, but is there anything good off it I should keep or sell?

I was thinking maybe...
  • Turbo
  • Front housing
  • Front cover
  • Oil pan
Thoughts?
.Governor- seems only difference between hp output is a cam and miscellaneous parts inside gov. so sounds like one could be rebuilt for a 290 output
.head- incase you ever overheat....
.injectors for rebuilding? they cost arm and a leg from what understand.

heck... just scrap the block and keep everything else. should not take up much space once boxed up

ramdough

.Governor- seems only difference between hp output is a cam and miscellaneous parts inside gov. so sounds like one could be rebuilt for a 290 output

heck... just scrap the block and keep everything else. should not take up much space once boxed up
That sounds reasonable if you have the space. What you don’t keep, you could sell or offer up on here as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tourus

you should keep the whole thing . There is a whole list of parts you should keep. If it is only block that is cracked, keep it as is under cover.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can get a whole replacement engine for just a couple grand, so it seems silly to keep it all "just in case".

Reworked LMTV

I think all of us have a different perspective. Certainly it is your call. You asked us for our opinion. Ship it to me and I will make good use of it : )
Scrap metal prices are very low right now.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just want it out of here, and was wondering if there were any especially useful pieces to keep. So in the interest of getting it out of here, "keep it all" is exactly contrary to what I am trying to accomplish.

If you want to pay to ship it to yourself, you can have it! I'm not joking.

MrMikey4026

I need an injector, 4P-2995?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks