• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pass to enter Pourtsmouth Va

M1070

Anyone know the ropes on getting a pass for pick up of GL items at the 1711 Victory Blvd, Portsmouth, Va. G L location ??

dikwks

You'll need to go to the pass office at the shipyard up the road. It is Norfolk Naval Shipyard and the pass office is near the main gate. Take your paid invoice and some ID. Be prepared to wait.

TacticalTruck

And schedule a time so the pass office knows you are coming a day or two in advance. Make sure GL tells them you are coming or you might get turned away.

Landbarger

If you're not former military or federal civil servant you'll need a 5-day background check before you schedule your pick-up. Then you'll need to schedule pick-up with the GL agent/DRMO office.

Most importantly, get there early. I recommend showing up at 5:30-45a and standing in line. And remember to bring your vehicle's current registration into the Pass Office with you (sometimes they check, sometimes they don't).

Once you get your pass, go through the vehicle security check, and then take a right at the first light (where the vehicle inspection shed dumps you back into traffic). Don't go into the NNSY, you can't get to the annex from that gate and the gate personnel may or may not be familiar with where you're trying to get to. Call your GL contact for better directions.

Alternative: Contact BrutusM37 on here and see if he's willing to go grab your jewels for you. I don't think he's planning on being in the area much longer, but it's what I'd do if I was picking up from Portsmouth again. He'll charge you something...but it will probably be well worth it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks