• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Passenger Alternator Exciter Wire Location?

2INSANE

I’m scratching my head wondering what side harness the passenger side alternator exciter wire comes out of that turns on the Gen Light… It like… Vanished!

anyone got a pic? 🤔

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m not 100% sure which wire it is on the alternator but here is a pic of the back of my alternator I took prior to disassembly. The lower red wire terminal on the alt is somewhat hidden in the pic but it is behind the nut on the upper red wire.

E6EA5443-20D5-4590-A8AD-8CAB5832FC96.jpeg7909F915-8032-4417-BBA5-221BA7DA7DE0.jpeg

2INSANE

I’m not 100% sure which wire it is on the alternator but here is a pic of the back of my alternator I took prior to disassembly. The lower red wire terminal on the alt is somewhat hidden in the pic but it is behind the nut on the upper red wire.

View attachment 897159View attachment 897160
its the wire that pushes in the nipple on the passenger side alternator. I remember putting it on after the 6.5 swap but I think my fan might have ate it somehow and now I can’t see any broken wires coming from the wiring harnesses.

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
its the wire that pushes in the nipple on the passenger side alternator. I remember putting it on after the 6.5 swap but I think my fan might have ate it somehow and now I can’t see any broken wires coming from the wiring harnesses.
On mine the passenger alternator doesn’t have a wire going to that, it just has a rubber cap on the alternator there. I had the engine wiring assembly apart over the weekend and didn’t notice any botched wires either.

Seems a little strange now that you say that but my gen 1/2 lights worked fine so I’m not really sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks