• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Passenger door repair

NDDeuce

I was troubleshooting an INOP passenger window on the deuce the other day. I removed the inspection panel and tried to figure out how I can get the window to roll down again, due to the tight space i'm unable to really find out what is causing the issue of not wanting to roll down. It looks as if the interior side of the door is welded to the outside panel. Short of breaking the welds how would I go about fixing the window mechansim? Go for broke and break welds to take door apart? or do I have to get a new door with operational window and crank?

TKRESS1

find a freind with long arms. I had the same problem but was able to fix from the inspection panel. take your time and put on a long sleeve shirt.

RAYZER

First you have to get the clips off that hold the window crank arms onto the bottom of the window frame,then the window will slide up and out,then you can remove the window crank.
:grd:

wiggall

There are 2 little stop bars ar the bottom of the window that have to be uh screwed to get the window. to get them off you have to get the window all the wayn to the bottom to do this.

NDDeuce

Thanks Gents, With the advice I recieved I was able to get the window operational. Boy it was a PITA but patience and a friend with long skinny arms was able to get to the crank and remedy the problem from the inspection panel.

NDDeuce

I'm guessing the window was overextended, came off the crank arms, the handle would only move the window up and down a little bit. I removed the window while my buddy fiddled with the crank mechanism. Put it all back together and ops checked the crank with window installed and all was good to go, now I have a working passenger window, good thing too we're starting to thaw out here in ND and Its starting to get warm