• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

passenger door

Scrounger

If you are referring to the M39, M44, 800, and M939 trucks there could be a couple of problems.

Make sure the inside door latch is pulled up as apposed to down. Down is the combat lock. It may help to remove the inside door handle and check to see if the shaft turns and that the door handle isn’t a problem. Remove the outside door handle to diagnose. The door handle has a square shaft and may have rounded. Remove the two screws that hold the door handle on to check the shaft for wear, twist or if it is rounded. If it looks good, then look in the opening that the handle came out of. If the door latch is rounded instead of square, the door latch will have to be replaced. If the combat lock isn’t engaged the door can be opened from the outside. If the latch is rounded, a screwdriver placed diagonally in the hole and an adjustable wrench usually works.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If the lock it just broken and or froze up and wont do anything then I cut the heads off of the door hinge bolts on the outside and knock the bolt out. Or if you can get them out. This will allow the door to come off without risking door damage by trying to pry it open at the lock end

Valor

If the lock it just broken and or froze up and wont do anything then I cut the heads off of the door hinge bolts on the outside and knock the bolt out. Or if you can get them out. This will allow the door to come off without risking door damage by trying to pry it open at the lock end
Are the door hinge bolts on the outside on the 939 trucks threaded into the hinge or are they just slip fit with the nut on the end? I can't get mine out and I don't want to twist the head off the bolts then I would be really in a fix. Thanks for any info.

Scrounger

The hinge bolts just slip in. I haven’t had to remove any from my M939’s, yet. However, on the M39 and M800 series, I have not been able to remove one without damaging it. I find it easier to replace the hinges. Kroil and an impact bit driver is your friend on the counter sunk Philips screws.

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to thank you all that gave me there suggestions. The passenger door has been removed.
To remove the door on my M932a2 that I could not open with the handle from either the inside or the out side and what I had to do was:
remove the three nuts/bolts holding the passenger side mirror on,put that aside. from inside kick it outward on the hinged side fwd end of the door. with enough space between the door and the front of the cab I then removed the cotter pin holding the door that prevents the door from opening to much and hitting your mirrors.
At this point I had the fwd hinged side of the door out a little. I still could not get the after part of the door with the latch open. I think if this was to happen to any one that does not have keyless entry like I have you would be able to have the door removed with soldier B at this time.
What I had to do next was to use 2 motorcycle tire irons to pry the door fwd and out at the lower corner and to get from the top a thin pry bar to get the door lock pushed inward passed the door lock on the door frame.
Once free and opened with soldier B my Son I rehung the door with the side mirror and then I checked the door locking mechanism,outer door handle all seemed to be good,grassed all moving parts reinstalled.
With that taken care of I tested my keeless entry function that too tested positive. when I installed my access door cover I did not put in the lower screws beneath the door frame so as if this ever happens again i will be able to get access to what I need to inside the door.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks