• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Passenger seat cover

wb1895

I just wanted to post up some pics of the new seat cover that my finace made for me.

My old seat cover was torn and was being held together with duct tape. She asked me to get some material and remove the old seat cover so, I went and bought an old shelter half and removed the seat cover. She very carefully took the old seat cover apart and cut some stencils and started cutting and sewing.

After a couple of hours I had a new seat cover with all of the grommets. I say say did a fine job!!!!

She also wanted me to tell all of you if you need a new seat cover we can make them as they are needed.

oddshot

Looks like she did a great job ...

Did she sew it on a heavy duty industrial machine ... or on a machine you would expect to see in the home?

Did you use the grommet installation kit found in Home Depot?

I have a very old Singer medium duty industrial machine and I've been wanting to get a couple shelter halfs to see how I'd do. I'm thinking that there's a LOT of tool bags and other stuff that could be made out of an old shelter half or duffel bag.

Oddshot

wb1895

She did it on a standard home sewing machine, using the heavy duty needles and heavy duty thread. As for the grommets, I installed them from Wal-Mart. Just be sure you get the installation tool with it.

Thanks for the replies, and if anybody is interested in new seat covers just send me a PM, and we can work something out.

RANDYDIRT

My woman would like a new cover for the pax seat. But I would like to also add some stiffer padding, instead of just a new cover. You gonna make a kit?

Dirt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks