• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Passenger Side Alternator

cjkeeliii

Can anyone tell me where the orange wire with the fusible link goes on the passenger side alternator? The TM is not clear. It shows the Red/White wire connected to the negative alternator post and a wired labeled "Suppressor" going to ground. I disconnected the wires and am having trouble reconnecting them: as in almost fried my electrical system. Any help would be appreciated as I need this truck tonight. Thanks.

cjkeeliii

Gratitude

I wanted to post that we have quite a unique group on this site and would like to thank everyone who has ever posted their knowledge here. I didn't know what I was getting into when I bought my M1008, and I can write without any exaggeration that if not for this site my truck would be sitting in my yard collecting rats. I often feel that I take more than I give to this site because I'm not really a mechanic, but a parts swapper. Again, thanks to everyone who has ever taken their time to explain a concept, post a picture, or encourage another military vehicle owner.