• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

patching J pipe

bmH1065

Is there anyway that I can patch a real big hole in my J pipe? (I have had one on order almost since I got my Deuce, almost a month and have no idea, if ever I am going to get it.) I had been asked to haul the older Legion members in several parades, but had to cancel last weekend and tomorrow because at slow speeds I get a lot of bad fuems and heat. Next weekend is real important.

Westech

CPL
yeah any good exhaust shop should be able to bend up a 3" pipe and weld it in or cut the pipe and patch it. thats about all you can do. I have used a load of that foil tape in a bind to get the exhaust up and out and not out the rusted out J pipe

oilcan

I used about 4 packs of that fiberglass exhaust repair tape to "temporarily" fix my j-pipe before the haspin rally in June. It's still on there.

There's nothing more permanent than a temporary repair.

bmH1065

I guess I should of gone that way, but they wanted a $100 for doing that, and the new J pipe was a $135 + shipping ($39) which I have all ready paid. I don't know if they will refund my money.