• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pate Museum Auction

watkinssr

Made one last trip out to the Pate Museum south of Fort Worth, Texas today. They are auctioning off all their cars, and the one last piece of armor is sitting there waiting for the marines to show up and take it. All the hatches, but one, were welded shut.

The place used to have so much cool military stuff, but after pate died they just ran out of money. Local vandals tore up all the planes and the military took everything back.

Attachments

watkinssr

well, the military is taking all the military stuff...the cars, well, they are expected to auction for a couple of million. They've got people registering to bid from all over the country, so I think they will find good homes for everything. The cool, affordable stuff is the models, books, and photos from the library. They have a whole building full of stuff. I can see some of that stuff going cheap.

watkinssr

Yeah, it is in fact. I had a friend with me when I went yesterday, and when he was a kid they took had his little brothers birthday party there. They took two cars to carry all the kids, and when they got back home the foundout they were missing his brother -- the kid had been hiding in the above armored vehicle because he wanted to stay.

When they drove all the way back out to the museum, the kid was hanging out with Mr Pate eating ice cream. Pate built the place so that the kids could come out there and see all the cool cars and planes and tanks. It's a shame to see it go for sure.

jeeper50

Sad day for many of us who visited. I recall all the great vehicles there, as a kid my Dad was stationed at Carswell AFB there in Foat Wurth, and we visited the museum several times. :cry:

dittle

So just out of curosity what is that in the picture exactly? I don't recall seeing that before.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks